Exportateurs de classe mondiale Program
2016-2017 funds for the Exportateurs de classe mondiale 2015-2018 program are now available. Companies can submit their projects as of 08:00 AM on April 1st, 2016.
As part of its efforts to support the agri-food industry, the Sous-ministériat à la transformation alimentaire et aux marchés (SMTAM) of the Ministère de l’Agriculture, des Pêcheries et l’Alimentation (MAPAQ) has devised a market access strategy. One of its actionable resources is the Export Fund, which has the following objectives:
- Help enterprises to better understand their external markets.
- Help enterprises define their strategies and adapt to these constantly-evolving markets.
- Allow enterprises to take advantage of business opportunities as they arise in these markets.
Here are some important criteria which must be met to qualify (please refer to the Program for a more detailed list).
- Your agri-food enterprise must be legally incorporated with its head office in Québec.
- Your processing and packaging activities must be carried out in Québec.
- Your enterprise processes or markets Québec agri-food products.
- Your enterprise has marketed its products for at least two years.
- Your project is aimed at an export market (outside Québec or to another country).
- Your enterprise is able to provide a three-year export business plan, which must comply with criterias listed in ANNEX III of the Program.
We recommend you to take the time to carefully read the new program, as many criterias have changed compared to previous years. For example, in the new program, eligible activities should be held and invoiced in a 12 months period following the project deposit. You sould take advantage of this program to develop new export markets, to implement concrete foreign activities and claim your eligible expenses.
You can ask for a 30% reimbursement for this type of eligible expenses:
- Market studies
- Design of promotional materials
- Adaptation of labels and packaging concepts
- Web site design
- Promotion and demonstrations at points of sale
- Providing expertise in merchandising
You can obtain financial support as lump sums for these eligible activities:
- Market exploration
- Market validation
- Buyers welcoming in Quebec
- Participation in trade shows
The preparation of an export business plan does not qualify as an eligible activity under this program, but it may be supported by the Levier program. You may contact your regional MAPAQ advisor to learn the eligibility criteria for that program.
A request must include:
- Form DE1 - Application form (in French)
- Your three-year export business plan
N.B. Compagnies who already have an ongoing contribution agreement will be entitled to submit a new request only at the end of their current agreement.
The completed request form must be sent by email to email@example.com.
Applications may be submitted from 08H00 AM on April 1st, 2016.
For information on how to make a claim and the required supporting documents, consult Submit a Claim.